Thank you for giving service as secretary of your group. OA continues to be available for every compulsive eater seeking recovery because of your service.
Registering a meeting ensures it will be listed in the WSO’s directory. The group secretary connects the meeting to the WSO, making sure that the WSO has current meeting and contact information. He or she is also responsible for distributing information from the WSO, region and intergroup—such as newsletters, surveys and other mail—to group members. When changes to the meeting details occur, submit them to the WSO using the registration/change forms on the Web site. It is vital that groups keep their meeting information up to date.
The following links contain information that can help you carry out your group secretary responsibilities. Please make copies of the PDF documents for yourself and your group.
- Seventh Tradition of OA — Pamphlet detailing the vital recovery services supported by the Seventh Tradition at all levels and how the groups carry the message through their contributions.
- Seventh-Tradition Skits — By having fun and using humor, your group or service body can help OA members understand the direct benefits their contributions provide to the Fellowship.
- Contributions Form — Can be used for group or individual contributions sent to the WSO. Make several copies for your group to have on hand.
- Secretaries Maintain the Connection — Shows you how to keep your group information current!
- Strong Meeting Checklist — Helps you assess your meetings to see areas for improvement. Contains 13 items, including everything from starting and ending times to avoiding cross talk and advice-giving.
- Registration/Change Form — Submit changes for your groups with this form or use the appropriate online registration/change form for your area.
- Literature Catalog — You can print the catalog and the order form for group or individual use. You can also order online.
- Literature Order Form — Use these extra forms to order through the mail or by telephone/fax.
- A Step Ahead — WSO’s quarterly newsletter for OA members, groups and intergroups. Look for information about issues important to the Fellowship. The newsletter is only available online and contains a link to a PDF version for easy printing and distribution at meetings.
If you would prefer to receive the PDF documents in the mail, please email or call the WSO at 505-891-2664.