The WSO staff creates Lifeline from OA members’ letters. Monthly topics are suggestions. You may write about any subject important to your recovery from compulsive eating. Send your letters to Lifeline, PO Box 44020, Rio Rancho, NM 87174-4020 or email.
See the monthly Lifeline topics below
- Stepping Out, Service with a Smile, Living Traditions and Taking the Spiritual Path: we always need stories related to these themes.
- Newcomers Corner: newcomers, share your OA experiences and concerns.
- OA Around the World: give us a history of OA in your country or area; current information on the number of service boards, intergroups and groups; significant accomplishments; and two or three short pieces from local members. Please send your history today!
- Generally Speaking (general OA topics) and How OA Changed My Life
- Main Attraction: share your successes with public information and attraction.
- Ask-It Basket, For Discussion and Web Links
- Share It runs only if sufficient material is available.
Lifeline accepts letters, artwork and photos (no faces, please) for publication. Credit lines and rights to submitted work apply equally to articles, artwork and photos. The WSO does not return submitted materials. Lifeline may edit articles and crop photos. Lifeline promotes “unity with diversity” regarding the race, nationality, gender, age, physical challenges and sexuality of its writers.
Please submit articles at least three and a half months prior to the first day of the month of publication. Deadlines appear in parentheses next to topics. Indicate the topic and month for which you are submitting the article. Typed letters by mail, fax or e-mail are preferred. Letters must contain the author’s name and address, even if the author wishes to remain anonymous in print. Thank you.
November/December (Deadline: 7/15/15)
Great Big Gratitude List
It’s time to count our blessings together! Describe the gifts of the program you have received and share your gratitude for these gifts.
What role does gratitude play in your recovery? How did gratitude open your eyes to the gifts of the program? What has been your experience with keeping a gratitude list?
International Day Experiencing Abstinence is November 21, encouraging OA members worldwide to begin or reaffirm their abstinence from compulsive eating. Share your experience, strength and hope related to starting and maintaining abstinence.
Celebrate the Season
How do you maintain abstinence during holidays and celebrations? Share your strategies for shifting the focus away from food, dealing with triggers and joining in the fun.
How are holidays in OA different? Share your stories, inspiration and reflections on living the Twelve Steps in times of celebration.