OA Program of Recovery
Overeaters Anonymous (OA) offers a program of recovery from compulsive overeating, binge eating and other eating disorders using the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of OA. Worldwide meetings and other Tools provide a fellowship of experience, strength and hope where members respect one another’s anonymity. OA charges no dues or fees; it is self-supporting through member contributions.
OA is not just about weight loss, weight gain, maintenance, obesity or diets. It addresses physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. It is not a religious organization and does not promote any particular diet.
OA members differ in many ways, but we are united by our common disease and the solution we have found in the OA program. We practice unity with diversity, and we welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. Welcome to Overeaters Anonymous. Welcome home.
- What Do You Want to Read in Lifeline?
- "Write about any topic that has meaning to you." by March 15, 2016
- A Step Ahead First Quarter 2016 Available for Download
- A FREE Step Twelve Podcast to Download or Stream from our 2016 Workshop, Service and My Recovery
- New 2016 Courier: Carry the recovery message to referring professionals in your area.
- In Steps Eight and Nine, we look at the damage we have done others and set about repairing it. Now we apply the same principles of self-discipline and love for others to all of our actions. The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (p. 105)